Sunday, August 5, 2012

DIY Lip Scrub

Lately, I've been getting into lipstick more. I used to like just putting on a lip gloss, but I've started collecting a lot of lipsticks in the past, I don't know, 6 months or so? I've never exfoliated or taken care of my lips before, just because lipgloss hides dried lips. However, lipsticks just accentuate the dried skin on the lips! So I've started trying out different ways to exfoliate my lips, and tonight, I found the best overall lip scrub - and you can make it in your own kitchen! :) It's just a couple easy steps, and you suddenly have soft, kissable lips! So let's get started! :)

1) Put some sugar in a (preferably airtight - unless you're making it for a one-time use) container.

2) Add in some oil. I've seen most "recipes" use extra-virgin olive oil, but all I had on hand was canola oil - which worked great! So you can use olive or canola oil... not sure about other oils! :D

3) Mix. Add more sugar or oil until it's the consistency of a scrub and/or paste!

3a) Optional! :) If you'd like, you can add in a piece of tinted/flavored lip balm to color/flavor your lip scrub! But keep in mind that it doesn't necessarily taste bad without putting lip balm in. After all, it is mostly sugar! :D

4) Exfoliate. Rub a bit on your lips and rub your lips together. (Do this over the sink, otherwise this will be messy!) Then wash the scrub off with some water.

5) Lock in your luscious, soft lips with your favorite lip balm.

This lip scrub is wonderful because it works really well, but it only costs about 10 cents to make! (Compared to the $10+ you can spend at a store for a good lip scrub!)

Let me know what you think about this DIY, and if you'd like to see more DIYs or tutorials! (rather than just reviews...) Thanks!

-kianars

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can leave a comment, but if you're trying to reach me, the best way would be by emailing me! You can email me at: randomness.kianars@gmail.com

Thanks!