Sunday, August 5, 2012

REVIEW: E.l.f. Brightening Eye Color (in Nymph Dreams, Butternut, and Drama)

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't written anything in a couple weeks; I've been really busy with school and everything else! I went out and bought a bunch of stuff, but I'm not big on the whole "haul" idea where you just tell everyone what you got. So I thought I'd do reviews on the things I bought!

First of all, E.l.f.'s Brightening Eye Color in Nymph Dreams. I've actually had this for 3 or 4 months. I have to say, the pastel yellow color is really chalky and powdery. There's no way it can even be used, except for play makeup for little kids. However, I really like the blue in it. (The gold and silver colors are okay. Not the most pigmented gold and silver eyeshadows I've come across, but you can use them.) It looks really pretty on the outer lid, with the white on the inner part of the lid. It creates an iridescent effect. I realize I pretty much paid $1 for just the blue, but it's only a dollar, so I didn't really expect any of the colors to work fabulously. (Seriously, it's $1 for a quad. What do you expect?)
E.l.f. Brightening Eye Color (Nymph Dreams-Official Photo)










Second, E.l.f.'s Brightening Eye Color in Butternut. I just got this a couple days ago. I love all of the colors on this one. After Nymph Dreams, I was a little skeptical about buying another one - but I'm glad I did. (as well as the Brightening Eye Color in Drama) All of the colors are pigmented; NOT chalky/powdery. I understand now, why this is the picture for E.l.f.'s Brightening Eye Color.



Third, E.l.f.'s Brightening Eye Color in Drama. I got this one a couple days ago as well. I don't like this one as much as Butternut. The colors aren't as pigmented as I expected them to be (there are two silvers, a black, and a white) and I really thought this color combination would look great. However, because they aren't very pigmented, I don't think they'd create enough of the "smoky" in "smoky eye."

E.lf. Brightening Eye Color (Drama-Official Photo)








Overall, these are pretty much what you get for the price. Thanks for reading!

-kianars

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can leave a comment, but if you're trying to reach me, the best way would be by emailing me! You can email me at: randomness.kianars@gmail.com

Thanks!